Monday, June 8, 2009

Book Sharing Monday (vii)


This week we have chosen a rollicking rhyme Slinky Malinky by Lynley Dodd. It is a great read aloud story poem which allows me to camp it up in my most dramatic fashion ;)


Slinky Malinky is a naughty cat, a sort of feline Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, who likes to go out at night and steal all the neighbours' belongings. One night, however, he goes too far....

All over town
from basket and bowl
he pilfered and pillaged,
he snitched and he stole.
Slippers and sausages,
biscuits, balloons,
brushes and bandages,
pencils and spoons.

... he bungles the job, wakes up the family and his nocturnal wanderings are curtailed. He becomes a respectable kitty in the end, but i am not sure how long it will last. Great fun.

Check out other book shares at:

5 comments:

SE'LAH... said...

Hi Jacquie!

Coming by for the first time, thanks to sunnymama.
Thank you for attending her festival at Necessary Room. I do appreciate your visit and nice comment.

I've never read this book but I'll be on the hunt as it's book fair this week at my daughter's school. Sounds like a fun read. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

We love Lynley Dodd in this house, just fantastic

sunnymama said...

Sunnyboy got this book for his birthday last year. It's a great book :)

sunnymama said...

Also thanks for going with sunnyboy and me to the festival at Se'Lah's blog! It was great to see you there :)

Wyld Jane.. said...

we love slinky malinki, the boys laugh when i do my caterwauling !! great choice x