Monday, August 3, 2009

Book Sharing Monday (xv)

Apologies for the blurry pictures today. We had a really busy day and I almost forgot to post a book. Well - the Granny in this story/rhyme had a busy day too. In My Granny Went to Market, by Stella Blackstone and Christopher Corr, Granny goes shopping all around the world.
She starts off by buying her very ecological mode of transport for this shopping spree.

My Granny went to market
to buy a flying carpet
She bought the flying carpet from a man in Istanbul
It was trimmed with yellow tassels,
and made of knotted wool.


A lovely colourful book - far more exciting than out shopping trip to Livingston today.
I have always wanted a flying carpet, ever since I was a child. Visit Serendipity and be transported to the Magical World of Book Sharing Monday - the www is almost a fast as a flying carpet ;)

3 comments:

Wyld Jane.. said...

ah we love this book , nanna sent it in Reu's get better present its great fun !!

Emma said...

My oldest (now 11) adored this book!

sunnymama said...

This looks a lovely book! I really like the quote you posted :)